Rainbow

Rainbow

Monday 5 September 2011

What A Ride!

It was perfect beach weather. And by that I do not mean hot and sunny. Breezy and cloudy is what beckons me. Perfect for a cycle or a stroll.

Ok. It was almost perfect. With a hint of impending rain. Not going to let that put a damper on our enthusiasm (actually the enthusiasm bit only applies to E & I). The hubby is concerned about us being drenched if there was a sudden downpour whilst we were cycling. Baby C is of course clueless. Just delighted to be out.

Recently, I brought E and Baby C to Pasir Ris park. I was intending to perform a "dangerous" stunt. Well, at that point of time, I didn't think it was dangerous. Until I tried it. I rode the bike with E strapped in a child seat behind me and Baby C strapped in a baby seat in front of me. E proved to be too heavy for me and I couldn't balance. It was "yay we are moving a little" and "whoa we are going to topple!"

This went on for a while in front of the bike rental shop (think we looked pretty comical). Practice makes perfect so I was going to try and master this skill so I could list it as one of my achievements in motherhood! My maternal instincts won over my ambitious streak and for the sake of safety I decided I could only ferry Baby C. E had to ride his own bike.

I wasn't sure about it as he used to complain about being tired after cycling for just a short while. It was a 30 min ride (to the playground and back). I wasn't about to tow his bike back if he gave up. But I was pleasantly surprised and I was proud of my boy. He said he was tired and his arms and legs were aching but he kept on cycling. On the way home, he told me we have to cycle with daddy the next time and daddy will ferry him.

So here we were at East Coast, a week after our cycling adventure. E has been looking forward to it so let's just ignore the dark clouds and cycle on! Cycle we did. On a tandem bike (hubby in front of cos, since he had to bear the brunt of our weight), with E in a child seat at the back and Baby C in my trusty Ergo baby carrier (this shop didn't allow 2 child seats on a bike).

We were stopping and swerving quite a bit as there were tons of cyclists. But it was fun, with the wind blowing in our faces. Then it started to drizzle so we sought shelter at McDonalds. E was playing at the playground when he came over and told us that he threw up. Apparently, he experienced motion sickness from all that swerving. Ooops!!

But he still wanted to cycle. He said he loved the wind. So when the rain subsided, we went for another spin. We cycled to the breakwater and was about to explore when it started to rain. Not a drizzle this time. We sought shelter nearby. E was disappointed and wanted to cycle in the rain!  

Well, we will be back on another perfect beach weather day.

Cycling in the rain
Chilling out at Macs
The disappointed boy is reluctant to take shelter from the rain









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...