Rainbow

Rainbow

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Happy Holidays - Hong Kong Part 1

We didn't plan to travel at the start of the new year but an opportunity arose when hubby's company organized an incentive trip to Hong Kong. I always welcome unexpected trips. We are definitely not going to be left behind! It was a trip of firsts. First time I'm flying with the kids sans the man, first visit to Hong Kong and first overseas anniversary celebration (we celebrated our 11th 12th - oops I realized I got the number of years wrong, months after I wrote this) wedding anniversary in Hong Kong - yes with the kids in tow, not exactly romantic but I'll choose adventure over romance any time!)

Peak Tram Terminus. There was a long queue (one hour wait) so we took a cab up instead.

 Check out E's piggy nose


Night scenery from the Peak. It was VERY crowded and cold.


It was tough trying to get a shot with the night scenery in the background. Challenge #1 Fighting the crowd for a spot to take a photo. Challenge #2 Chasing after Baby C who was more interested in exploring than preening for the camera


Cable car ride at Ocean Park. That's his version of excited.


Sharing these photos for Picnesday. More posts about our Hong Kong trip coming up ...





10 comments:

  1. What wonderful ways to travel! I really enjoyed your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see a picture of you and your family. Glad you had a great holiday of many firsts! Thanks for joining us over at Picnesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Peak Tram's logo 'Celebrate 100 years' should be changed to 'Celebrate 11 years'! Haha, happy anniversary to you and the hubs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The night time scenery looks beautiful. I've always wanted to go to Hong Kong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that last pic of E!
    -Ems

    ReplyDelete
  6. I brought my girl to hk last yr too! It was her first time on an airplane :) we love hk we visit every year :)

    And I don't let my hubby go overseas without me too! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. JDaniel4's Mom: Thanks for dropping by! It was definitely a wonderful travel experience. Glad you enjoyed the photos :)

    Germaine: Thanks! Glad to be part of Picnesday :) I can be quite lazy when it comes to taking photos so being part of this helps remind me to be more regular in getting snapshots of my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. June: Haha you sure have a keen eye for details! That's a good one :) Thanks!

    Bruna: Thanks for dropping by! I love Hong Kong in the night. Vibrant atmosphere even in the late hours. And late night suppers!

    Ems: I love that too! Such a drama expression ... you think he's got my acting chops??

    Madeline: Wow! Every year! There's just something about the city. I'm already wishing I'm back there. And my son has been bugging us to go back to Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminds me of our HK trip with my boy last Oct. We didn't get to go Ocean Park though, and one local I spoke to say it's more fun than Disney. So we'll go there the next round :) Looking forward to most posts on your HK trip (I assume... since this is part 1).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruth: E isn't allowed on most of the rides at Ocean Park and the ones he could ride were more for toddlers. We did enjoy the aquarium and the dolphin show :)

    Yes, there is part 2. Having some problems uploading photos ... hope to get it resolved soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...