Rainbow

Rainbow

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Double Deluxe

Two dates in a row. It's not what you think. My pragmatic man did not turn into a hopeless romantic overnight. Well, one of the dates did fall into the "you rock my world" category ... erm ok I'm being a tad dramatic here. It came close and would have been so if the night could go on.

TGIF. Literally. I had two lovely dates 2 Fridays ago. Play date. Hot date. What did they have in common? Good company! All in all, a satisfyingly good day!


I only managed to take two photos during the playdate as it was challenging enough trying to chat and keep an eye on two "love to roam" kids at the same time without throwing a camera into the equation.

Since it was Baby C's first sandplay, she was obviously curious about the taste of sand.  She conveniently fed herself with the blue rake in her hand. 


We had a mini Chinese lesson on nature and the kids did leaf texture rubbing. I think E wasn't too pleased with the result and decided to draw his own leaf instead. He wrote the word "happy" and I guess that revealed how he felt to be out of the house, having fun outdoors. 

The kids spent most of the remaining time running around the playground and using sticks to draw in the sand. They drew lines in the sand - directions which lead to the treasure. And they started digging to find the treasure.  I love imaginative play!


Now, for something more serene. Date night. My friends have been raving about The Coastal Settlement but I was undecided about going there. Friday afternoon and still no place in mind. Then I saw this "a cafe where nature meets vintage".  The same much raved about place. Coincidence? Looks like that's THE place for us.

Reservations need to be made in advance as it is a popular hangout.  My indecisiveness meant that we had to settle for a late dinner at 9pm as it was was fully booked before that.


I love the ambience.  It was a quirky mix of elegant chandeliers and vintage stuff.  The food is not too bad but nothing to rave about. The highlight is the place itself.


XO Prawn Alio
Wagyu Burger
A real ride in the night would have been the perfect finale
Wish we had more time to linger in the alfresco area


#This post is linked to Merry Mondays.  Link up and spread the happy bug.


A Juggling Mom

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I wanna have a super hot date soon! Haha! Hope you guys had fun! =) Sand play sounds fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! I loved The Coastal Settlement too especially the wagyu burger. So so so delicious :P I heart date nights. How about a double date sometime?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...