Rainbow

Rainbow

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Day 4 Rome

The plan was to finish writing about our trip to Europe last May by the end of 2013. The reality is this: not a single post was written since I made that resolution.

Let today be the day as I need to indulge in good memories to keep the paranoia at bay. C has HFMD and I am having the sniffles and a sore throat. Lurking somewhere is the nagging reminder that I happily shared an ice-cream and a plate of noodles with her over the weekend. I am praying this is not IT.

Let me escape for a moment into a gelato-filled world, away from the memory of a possibly tainted ice-cream cone.

Our Italian adventure brings us to Rome. Now Rome was unexpectedly underwhelming. This was probably the result of poring through countless photos of historical monuments and fantasizing about being awed by their grandeur, years before I even stepped foot on Roman soil. I'm realizing that great travel requires less research, more spontaneity.

It was still interesting (travelling with kids in tow is never boring), just not the jaw-dropping amazement I was psyching myself for.
 






Posing at the doors of the Pantheon (which were unfortunately closed)
Pantheon pillars


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...