Rainbow

Rainbow

Monday 19 November 2012

Caught in the Act

I have gone shopping with Baby C in tow a couple of times and it was amusing watching her imitate me. She would try on shoes together with me and attempt to put on the clothes I've tried in the fitting room. It's a refreshing change from the complaints I get whenever I shopped with E.

E has declared shopping a boring activity because "we just go in and out of the shops" and it's also "very tiring because we just walk and walk."

Boring? Well, my recent shopping experience was one of a kind and far from being mundane!

I bought a bottle of baby shampoo from Sephora and returned home to find that the item mysteriously became a bottle of peppermint body wash. I concluded that the cashier must have had placed the wrong item in the bag. I called the shop and was pleasantly surprised when the store manager offered to deliver the correct item to me in exchange for the body wash.

The store manager called me back shortly. She just viewed the footage on the CCTV and the cashier was seen putting the correct item in the bag. If that was the case, where was that elusive bottle of baby shampoo? Although it was now clear that it was not the fault of her staff, she did not retract the offer to deliver the bottle of shampoo.

Now, that is excellent customer service which I greatly appreciate.

I was still trying to solve the mystery when I received yet another call from her.

She found the culprit. 

She traced the footage from after I made payment and saw me passing the bag to Baby C (she loves to carry my shopping bags). And there she was caught in the act of removing the bottle of baby shampoo from the bag, placing it on the shelf, choosing the peppermint body wash and placing it in the bag.

The mystery was solved.

We had a good laugh and that was my CSI moment of the day!

Package delivered with a pack of mints and a personal note from the lovely manager

Let's stick to window shopping for now


4 comments:

  1. hahaha that's hilarious! Great service rendered by the shop though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly encounter great customer service like this so it really made my day :)

      Delete
  2. Haha! too cute. I used to catch baby B lifting stuff off the shelves whilst in her stroller and blissfully holding it as we leave the shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the lure of shopping and little girls can't resist!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...